Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: esl1885 on August 14, 2014, 10:53:49 pm
-
Hi,
Does anyone else's C1 7 Express remember the settings between uses? I am speaking of custom toolbar settings, browser placement, opening fullscreen, and opening on the same screen it was closed on. Mine does none of these, but yet my C1 6 Express does. And I am pretty sure that most of the software on my computer does.
Thanks for any insight to this,
Sam
-
Which OS?
-
Windows 7
-
Same OS as me (64 bit), and I used to see the problem in early versions of 7 Express, but later it settled down into the expected behaviour - everything would be exactly where I left it when I reopened 7 Express.
I use Pro now though - no problems there.
As a matter of interest, are you updated to the latest version of Express?
-
Yes, I have the latest version. I have been in touch with support and have sent them C1 7 logs and a Windows system file, but so far they don't have a clue. I also have C1 6 Express and it works correctly.
Sam
-
Well I fixed it. Don't know if you can really call it a fix, but I installed version 7.1.4 over version 7.2.3, and now it remembers the settings like it should. Sounds like a bug in 7.2.3 to me. be curios to know if 7.2.3 has any real improvements.
Sam
-
I'd report this to Phase One - you shouldn't need to regress to an earlier version to get the software to behave.
http://www.phaseone.com/search/subjectarticlelist.aspx?subjectid=7
One small thought though: Capture One is somewhat prone to such silliness sometimes, which can often be avoided/rectified by a clean reinstall and/or trashing preferences.