Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mstevensphoto on August 14, 2014, 12:41:29 pm

Title: market for used functional ipf8300 print heads
Post by: mstevensphoto on August 14, 2014, 12:41:29 pm
Hey folks,
   I had a hardware error with my IPF8300, first step was replace print heads. turns out it was not a print head problem, was a board problem. Now I have printheads that have/had no issue but are serialized to R and L in an 8300...is there any market for recovering some small bit of $ on these things? I hate to toss them since there's no problem, I also don't want to let them sit forever and have whatever ink is in them dry out.
thanks!
Mark
Title: Re: market for used functional ipf8300 print heads
Post by: picman on August 15, 2014, 10:08:20 am
A while ago I had accidentally opened the wrong package for a Z3100 head.
I didn't want to replace the still working on in the machine.
I took the new open one and vacuum sealed it with a Foodsaver vacuum sealer.
The head worked great when it was eventually used months later.
Your mileage may vary.