Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: zobeleye on August 13, 2014, 04:35:49 am
-
Hi all,
this is ridiculous.
I have no clue what is going on.
ever since installing mavericks 10.9.4 my usual print work flow is totally messed up.
I usually print on roll paper and have a papersize of 432x730mm set in the custom size menu of the page setup.
now I press <printer>, try to check my settings,but this dialoue pops up saying
< changing paper type to premium glossy would cause an unresolvable conflict with the selected custom paper.no change will be made>
and then I click ok just to see another dialogue poppin up saying something similar always regarding the custom paper.
it goes so far that it is in a loop and I can no more get out of it, only by quitting LR using alt/command/ esc,
I have reset the printing system a couple of times, deinstalled and reinstalled everything from Epson I could find.
to no avail. even went back to older LR version( currently am on 5.6), still nothing...
please please help
-
isn't there anyone out there to help ???
-
It appears you do not your specific printer selected in the printer dialog box. The setting you are trying to make is for "any printer".
-
Best solution, don't print from any application and use Mirage Print. All of your printing problems are gone.
Failing that, I haven't printed from Mavericks but these are some things to try that caused me agony in the past with 10.8.
1. Swap the print sizes in the dialogue over. If the width > 17" it won't work.
2. You can't actually print 432 mm wide because it's a 17" printer and that 17" is something like 431.8mm. So try 431.
Good luck.
-
Hi Bob, thanks for your answer.
I just found out about the size, have now 431mm stored as custom size width.
the popup messages have disappeared. puuh...
BUT now the paper gets sucked in very far and then it starts printing the whole picture in the middle of the page like 18cm wide.
ridiculous!
can't seem to find out what could be wrong still
pretty close to giving up
cheers
Stephan
-
I had that happen many times. Small prints, wrong way prints. Wasted a mountain of paper and ink.
Now you go to "Best solution --- Mirage Print."
(I am assuming you have the latest drivers.)
Download the trial and try it. If it solves your problem then it is crap drivers, pay the licence money and get your life back.