Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: luxborealis on August 12, 2014, 10:02:42 pm

Title: One from the vaults (no, not another landscape!)
Post by: luxborealis on August 12, 2014, 10:02:42 pm
Cast your minds back to the day when 5mp was supreme!

This is from 2002 when I was using a Minolta Dimage with a built in 28-200mm lens. What is surprising is how well the RAW files process in LR today. Fantastic detail!

But not so on this one... as is too often the case, being new to digital, (and given the horrendous costs of memory cards back then - $160 for a 640K, I believe) I shot this as a 1200x1600 jpeg (duh! - what was I thinking). But, then again, it's not the equipment that makes a photograph.

Enjoy!
Title: Re: One from the vaults (no, not another landscape!)
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on August 13, 2014, 02:34:52 am
Excellent.  Is that a Vespa?
Title: Re: One from the vaults (no, not another landscape!)
Post by: William Walker on August 13, 2014, 04:17:52 am
The kind of picture that would not be out of place in any "travel" book. I think it is very good!

William
Title: Re: One from the vaults (no, not another landscape!)
Post by: RSL on August 13, 2014, 08:28:16 am
Very good street, Terry. Bravo! 1.9 mp did the job just fine. I have shots from 2000 with my 3 mp Casio QV-3000EX that are among my all-time favorites -- stuff upon which I'd hang my reputation as a photographer. To echo HCB once again: "Photographing is nothing. Looking is everything."