Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Colorado David on August 11, 2014, 08:14:07 pm

Title: Hey Kevin
Post by: Colorado David on August 11, 2014, 08:14:07 pm
I loved the Arctic Fox.
Title: Re: Hey Kevin
Post by: Kevin Raber on August 11, 2014, 08:39:15 pm
Thanks, It was an amazing few hours photographing the foxes.  Challenging light too.  The backlighting and expression were just perfect.

Kevin Raber
Title: Re: Hey Kevin
Post by: fdisilvestro on August 15, 2014, 05:17:04 pm
I loved the image too! Kevin, could you comment about the lens used? The Tamrom 150-600 looks like an interesting lens by the specs, but I'd like to know real use impressions, focus speed, can be used handhold?
Thanks

Title: Re: Hey Kevin
Post by: Piboy on August 19, 2014, 11:15:38 pm
Great shot of the fox. Would also like your impressions of the Tamron. Thinking of adding it to my kit for a few upcoming trips. Seems like a good combination of value and IQ compared to Canon 200-400 f4 1.4x for someone who only occasionally shoots or needs something in the 400-600 range.
Sam
Title: Re: Hey Kevin
Post by: Kevin Raber on August 20, 2014, 01:26:49 am
I will have a review on the lens soon.  I need to finish a workshop I am running and then I can settle down to catch up on a number of articles.  Short answer is for the money the lens is a winner.

Kevin Raber