Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: Joe Blackwood on August 09, 2014, 02:25:30 am

Title: Free AppleCare with the purchase of a Mac until August 12, 2014
Post by: Joe Blackwood on August 09, 2014, 02:25:30 am
I was going to post this as a reply to George2787's question about the suitability for using a Retina Macbook pro as main editing-retouching computer.

I decided that more members might benefit with this as a new topic.  I have no affiliation with AppleInsider or Adorama, but I did order a new computer through this offer.

AppleInsider and Adorama (an Apple Authorized Reseller) have teamed up to offer a package where you can get free AppleCare with the purchase of a Mac until August 12, 2014. 

If you are planning to purchase AppleCare, this is a better deal than the Apple business store or the Apple educational discount. 

Killer Deal: Save up to $250 on Apple's new Macs plus get a 3-Year AppleCare Protection Plan for free (up to $749 off 2013 MacBook Pros) (http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/07/14/killer-deal-save-up-to-250-on-apples-latest-macs-plus-get-a-3-year-applecare-protection-plan-for-free-with-each-order)

You have to follow the steps in the order process correctly and there is even a guide to follow.

9 quick steps to get your new Mac tax free and save money on AppleCare protection plans (http://appleinsider.com/help/How-to-get-a-3-Year-AppleCare-Protection-for-Free-and-Save-Hundreds-the-Purchase-of-each-Mac-from-Adorama)

The price listing to link to Adorama is here -

AppleInsider Price Guides - Macs + Applecare (http://prices.appleinsider.com/#applecare)

I was hoping for a bigger upgrade to the MacBook Pro line. 
I don't think that there will be a major change for at least 6 months, because Intel's Broadwell Chips for most MacBook Pro applications will not be shipping until early to mid 2015.
Title: Re: Free AppleCare with the purchase of a Mac until August 12, 2014
Post by: digitaldog on August 09, 2014, 10:08:42 am
Great deal, thanks. I always get Applecare with laptops and it's saved my butt money wise more than once.
Title: Re: Free AppleCare with the purchase of a Mac until August 12, 2014
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on August 09, 2014, 11:03:36 am
  Hi Joe, thanks.. I think!!  :) I've been vowing to hold off on updating my 4 year old iMac for a while longer but now...arrghh  :)
Title: Re: Free AppleCare with the purchase of a Mac until August 12, 2014
Post by: dseelig on August 12, 2014, 08:02:34 pm
Hi Joe I couldn't get the discount on line so I called Adoroma and got it. Thanks so much for letting me know.