Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: churly on August 08, 2014, 05:24:33 pm

Title: Visitors in the Lavender Patch
Post by: churly on August 08, 2014, 05:24:33 pm
Some small-scapes.  The fourth one provides a bit of context.  I am curious to know if it works or not.
The bugs are crops.
Critique welcome.
Chuck

Title: Re: Visitors in the Lavender Patch
Post by: maddogmurph on August 11, 2014, 01:03:16 pm
I like 1 & 3, what are you shooting on?
Title: Re: Visitors in the Lavender Patch
Post by: Chairman Bill on August 11, 2014, 02:13:19 pm
Number 3 looks like a small skipper, but I'm not sure about the Bumblebee species
Title: Re: Visitors in the Lavender Patch
Post by: churly on August 12, 2014, 08:10:08 am
I like 1 & 3, what are you shooting on?

I agree #1 & #3 get the face and are better angles.  Shot with Nikon a 85mm DX micro @F6.7.  I would like a longer lens for these shots.

There were at least 3 different types of bumble bees (based on markings).  The two I showed were the largest and fuzziest.  It was warm and they were all moving at high speed.  :)
Title: Re: Visitors in the Lavender Patch
Post by: francois on August 12, 2014, 09:48:08 am
I also like #1 and #3. The last photo could also be spectacular but I think that the background is not optimal. I'd hope to have a background composed of lavenders only.