Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: maddogmurph on August 05, 2014, 08:49:40 pm

Title: Yucca's
Post by: maddogmurph on August 05, 2014, 08:49:40 pm
Thoughts ?  Critique?
Title: Re: Yucca's
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 06, 2014, 04:29:19 am
My preference goes to #1, the light is more interesting than in the other ones. The way the plants are lit by the golden light is very good. I would crop tighter though, feel there is too much empty sky on top.
Title: Re: Yucca's
Post by: Walt Roycraft on August 06, 2014, 07:15:43 am
I agree with Paulo, and by cropping tighter I would suggest eliminating the sky altogether. By doing that, you not only improve the composition but then you can increase exposure and open up the plant area of the photo.
Title: Re: Yucca's
Post by: NancyP on August 06, 2014, 10:33:13 am
Agree, #1 the best, and I would trim a bit of the sky, leaving enough to show the golden horizon and a bit of blue above.
Title: Re: Yucca's
Post by: maddogmurph on August 06, 2014, 03:35:13 pm
I've honestly been trying to push #1 around, and it feels like any direction I take it makes it look more digital than natural.