Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: BradSmith on August 03, 2014, 03:06:37 pm
-
Does LR have the equivalent of Photoshop's Color Sampler Tool? In LR, I know I can see the RGB values of the location of the cursor in the histogram window, but I'd like to be able to select a point, then edit the color values of the image and see how the numeric RGB values are changing as I do it.
thanks
Brad
-
No. You can very loosely do it with custom Tone Curves loaded from presets, but LR isn't really about editing by numbers.
-
I edit by the numbers by taking advantage of the fact that the Basic panel sliders can be moved by first clicking on the slider name and then using the + and - keys. Thus I can select the slider, put the mouse on the chosen spot and watch the RGB values change as I use + and -. In fact this can also be done with the Parametric Curve, HSL, Sharpening and Effects.
-
Elied
Thanks. Just what I was trying to do. But I couldn't figure out how to do it with curves. I'm using LR 4.
Brad
-
Elied
Thanks. Just what I was trying to do. But I couldn't figure out how to do it with curves. I'm using LR 4.
Brad
You can't do it with the point curve because you need to use the mouse to drag the points, but the parametric curve is slider operated. To get the parametric curve, click on the curve icon in the bottom right corner of the panel.
On the point curve interface you do have before/after values, but they are luminosity values or single channel values, not RGB.
-
It's a shame LR doesn't behave like ACR which can do this and with a boat load of sample points. You all should make a feature request on the Adobe site, can't hurt.
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&loc=en