Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on August 03, 2014, 09:35:38 am

Title: Bulking up
Post by: stamper on August 03, 2014, 09:35:38 am
In the pink.
Title: Re: Bulking up
Post by: luxborealis on August 03, 2014, 01:21:54 pm
I'm happy with six-packs from the liquor store!
Title: Re: Bulking up
Post by: shawnino on August 03, 2014, 03:42:53 pm
Nice framing, great idea.

I think I would have chosen a walking subject who was less nondescript.
Title: Re: Bulking up
Post by: RSL on August 04, 2014, 11:49:10 am
It's good street, Stamper. There's enough ambiguity there to make the shot. I don't agree that the passer-by should have been less nondescript. I think the subject is exactly right for that shot. Just for kicks I tried a B&W conversion. I think it's just as effective. In fact, I'm not sure it's not more effective.

It's a great pleasure when I can get a picture to come up from its thumbnail. Doesn't happen often.

Fascinating. After I posted the B&W I tried to get it to come up. No dice.
Title: Re: Bulking up
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 04, 2014, 04:49:28 pm
I agree with Russ's comments about the passerby.
I also prefer the B&W version, as I think the color doesn't add to the meaning of the image. Of course, I may be biased as all of the classic Street photography was B&W.
Title: Re: Bulking up
Post by: stamper on August 05, 2014, 04:52:37 am
The B&W is good. At the end of the day it is a matter of taste? I liked the pink colour therefore I posted the colour version. :)
Title: Re: Bulking up
Post by: William Walker on August 05, 2014, 05:32:28 am
I liked the pink colour therefore I posted the colour version. :)

Stamper... likes pink? Now I have heard everything!
Title: Re: Bulking up
Post by: wolfnowl on August 07, 2014, 02:40:16 am
Given the sign on the window, I think the pink is important here. Not many people remember that pink was a boy's colour, pre-WWII.

Mike.