Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: wmchauncey on August 02, 2014, 07:34:37 pm

Title: why set-up a profile
Post by: wmchauncey on August 02, 2014, 07:34:37 pm
I just finished watching this video by "The Digital Dog"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fikTm8XIt4

My question is that, if you use the xrite color checker passport on all your shoots...what's the advantage in setting up a profile?    ???
Title: Re: why set-up a profile
Post by: digitaldog on August 02, 2014, 09:14:37 pm
I've yet not to see some improvements in color from a custom profile than the one's supplied. I suppose it depends on the camera. In my case, 5D and 5DMII, and cameras I've seen from students building their own. And there's NO reason to use the Passport on all your images.
Title: Re: why set-up a profile
Post by: wmchauncey on August 03, 2014, 12:08:41 pm
Using the passbook's white balance feature, followed up by adjusting skin tones as you suggested here  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWaFDKrNrwc
seems to give me skin tone consistency with my multiracial kid portraits in all lighting scenarios.

If there's a better way...I'm all ears.    ???
Title: Re: why set-up a profile
Post by: digitaldog on August 03, 2014, 01:21:52 pm
If there's a better way...I'm all ears.    ???
Working with skin tones?

Low Rez (YouTube)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWaFDKrNrwc

High Rez
http://digitaldog.net/files/SkinToneVideo.mov