Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: William Walker on August 02, 2014, 03:11:08 am

Title: Highmoor Pool
Post by: William Walker on August 02, 2014, 03:11:08 am
This is an old picture that I keep coming back to. I would like to know what you think about it.

Thanks
William
Title: Re: Highmoor Pool
Post by: Tony Jay on August 02, 2014, 03:17:56 am
Nice shot William!

Where exactly is this spot?
Somewhere in the Western Cape, I presume?

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Highmoor Pool
Post by: William Walker on August 02, 2014, 03:24:58 am
Hi Tony!
No, it is here in Natal. The only place, as far as I know, where you can drive onto the "Little Berg". Turn off the old N1 at Nottingham Road to Kamberg.

We are moving down to the Western Cape in the new year...different country!

William
Title: Re: Highmoor Pool
Post by: Tony Jay on August 02, 2014, 03:33:42 am
Thanks William - yes I know the road - lots of pretty spots along there!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Highmoor Pool
Post by: David Anderson on August 02, 2014, 07:45:49 am
That's a great shot.. 8)
Title: Re: Highmoor Pool
Post by: stamper on August 02, 2014, 07:53:57 am
A nice image and a good composition. I would prefer a little more contrast, especially in the highlights but it is fine as it is. :)
Title: Re: Highmoor Pool
Post by: luxborealis on August 02, 2014, 10:50:42 am
Great tones, lots of detail and movement despite the main subject being centrally located.
Title: Re: Highmoor Pool
Post by: shawnino on August 02, 2014, 10:51:12 am
A nice image and a good composition. I would prefer a little more contrast, especially in the highlights but it is fine as it is. :)

+1 for the contrast but more importantly +1 for the overall approval.
OP has shown a very good eye here and brought a very interesting image to the board. Well done.