Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on August 01, 2014, 07:46:29 am
-
Simple subject, simple exposure, simple edit
-
?
The question is not what is it, but rather, what's the point? I seem not to be connected to this in any way.
-
I'm really partial to these sorts of images. But its a draw that can't really be explained, which may be the draw. So critique is merely: I like it.
-
I rather like this but can't say why either.
Chuck
-
?
The question is not what is it, but rather, what's the point? I seem not to be connected to this in any way.
What's the point of any artistic expression/interpretation? I am connected because I was there in a pelting, sideways rain using a boardwalk railing for a tripod, shooting a 3 second exposure. I was looking for exactly what is portrayed: wind, rain and water affecting the piece of driftwood and a clump of saw-grass in a way where the driftwood became the binding element between all three portrayed elements.
-
You had to be there, ha! But nevertheless, interesting in an abstract way.
-
Well I like the textures that are rendered by the rain and the way the grass sort of echo's the texture.
I would however flip the image horizontally. My eye wants to read the image from left to right, starting with the driftwood and running out into the dark grass and then back again at the top to re examine the subtle texture of the rain.
So from me I also like the back story. Just watch out for the dreaded "MANFLU".
Cheers
Mal
-
What's the point of any artistic expression/interpretation? I am connected because I was there in a pelting, sideways rain using a boardwalk railing for a tripod, shooting a 3 second exposure. I was looking for exactly what is portrayed: wind, rain and water affecting the piece of driftwood and a clump of saw-grass in a way where the driftwood became the binding element between all three portrayed elements.
Sorry, none of this came through to me. And if an image needs backstory, then it's not a photograph, but a story with a picture. I'm not intending to be harsh, just frank as this is User Critiques. I must admit to not being a fan of fuzzy photos of fuzzy concepts.
-
You asked what's the point and I gave an honest interpretation of what I felt was a point...I think your non-fan status of soft movement in water (fuzzy) is more the issue with you than the image itself and that's as fair as not liking B&W. If you notice in the original presentation, I gave no backstory as I felt the imagery could carry itself. It is, after all probably more in the abstract fold than here...and so it goes.