Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: tsjanik on July 30, 2014, 06:26:59 pm

Title: Pentax 645 WA zoom rumor
Post by: tsjanik on July 30, 2014, 06:26:59 pm
http://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/pentax-news-rumors/hd-pentax-da-28-45mm-f45-ed-aw-sdm-sr.html#more

I'm surprised Radu hasn't mentioned this  :D

I can't wait to see the price.
Title: Re: Pentax 645 WA zoom rumor
Post by: Josef Isayo on July 30, 2014, 08:10:46 pm
Love to see a fast F/2, 60-80mm with leaf shutter.
Title: Re: Pentax 645 WA zoom rumor
Post by: tsjanik on July 30, 2014, 11:00:38 pm
Love to see a fast F/2, 60-80mm with leaf shutter.


Me too, but the price might be a problem.

BTW: I still have the Pentax 67 75mm AL I bought from you  :).  Really nice images on your site.
Title: Re: Pentax 645 WA zoom rumor
Post by: Radu Arama on July 31, 2014, 03:06:06 am
I did hint about it months ago. :D It is very good that the wheels at Ricoh starts on turning and those three zooms will be a good base for lots of photographers. Let alone the fact that the other two will be more or less modern versions of the previous lens (close in focal lengths and aperture but modern designs) hence people will asses for themselves how much the optics progressed over time.

Best regards,
Radu

http://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/pentax-news-rumors/hd-pentax-da-28-45mm-f45-ed-aw-sdm-sr.html#more

I'm surprised Radu hasn't mentioned this  :D

I can't wait to see the price.
Title: Re: Pentax 645 WA zoom rumor
Post by: tsjanik on August 04, 2014, 08:58:36 am
28-45mm is listed for pre-order at B&H:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1072808-REG/pentax_hd_pentax_da645_28_45mm_f_4_5.html

It's a heavy lens at 1.5 kg and no price determined. 
Title: Re: Pentax 645 WA zoom rumor
Post by: eronald on August 04, 2014, 09:05:27 am
I did hint about it months ago. :D It is very good that the wheels at Ricoh starts on turning and those three zooms will be a good base for lots of photographers. Let alone the fact that the other two will be more or less modern versions of the previous lens (close in focal lengths and aperture but modern designs) hence people will asses for themselves how much the optics progressed over time.

Best regards,
Radu


What is the max lens coverage for this generation lens? Are they 645 full format?

Edmund
Title: Re: Pentax 645 WA zoom rumor
Post by: MoreOrLess on August 04, 2014, 11:23:10 am
What is the max lens coverage for this generation lens? Are they 645 full format?

Edmund

This lens is 44x33mm sensor only, if I remember correctly the earlier version of the 25mm was useable on film but the latter one with the larger built it hood wasn't whilst the other two new lenses are.
Title: Re: Pentax 645 WA zoom rumor
Post by: MrSmith on August 04, 2014, 11:38:16 am
it’s image stabilised too.
Title: Re: Pentax 645 WA zoom rumor
Post by: tsjanik on August 04, 2014, 01:54:00 pm
Edmund:

It's listed as a DA lens, Pentax speak for reduced image circle.  Full coverage lenses are designated D-FA.

In any event, the page has been removed at B&H; somebody jumped the gun  ???
Title: Re: Pentax 645 WA zoom rumor
Post by: swisscheese on August 04, 2014, 11:16:27 pm
It's still up here:

http://www.photographyblog.com/news/hd_pentax_da645_28_45mm_f4.5ed_aw_sr/

I believe Dpreview had the US price listed as just under $ 5000.-, before they took it down.

Markus
Title: Re: Pentax 645 WA zoom rumor
Post by: ionut macri on August 05, 2014, 01:17:29 am
http://www.pdnonline.com/gear/Ricoh-Unveils-New-Pe-11300.shtml
Title: Re: Pentax 645 WA zoom rumor
Post by: dag.bb on August 06, 2014, 10:56:40 am
Here is a short first look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P-JRuNUGwg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P-JRuNUGwg)

The focal length is interesting, however it is expensive and seems huge - the weight is the same as the 300mm f4 ED IF (!).