Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on July 28, 2014, 04:00:19 am

Title: Olympus 75mm f1.8 lens for m4/3
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 28, 2014, 04:00:19 am
Recently got this lens to round up my "travel light" kit, which consists of the EM1 and 17mm f1.8 lens. I had my first outing with the lens this past weekend on a family outing, and have to say that I am impressed. Of course I had read many user reports about the lens, all with positive opinions.

I have shot a mix of portraits of family members, plus a few landscapes of the countryside. The lens handles beautifully, and for landscapes, it provides some nice isolation of key elements. It is a 150mm eq. after all. And it is as sharp as it can get, and robustly built, no trace of optical defects. The added bonus is the IS on the camera, it provided me the freedom of roaming around without a tripod, and nailing shot after shot.

I will post some shots soon, as examples, but this is indeed a very fine lens.
Title: Re: Olympus 75mm f1.8 lens for m4/3
Post by: Telecaster on July 28, 2014, 09:10:07 pm
It is a fine & dandy lens. I used mine a lot this past March during a visit to Grand Canyon National Park.

-Dave-
Title: Re: Olympus 75mm f1.8 lens for m4/3
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 29, 2014, 04:17:16 am
Wonderful shot. Last night I downloaded the ORF's, hopefully will process them this week and post some shots.