Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: larkis on July 27, 2014, 06:33:11 pm
-
I print 40x30 with a two inch border, making for a 44x34 sheet of paper when all done. I'm having a hard time finding anyone that has bags in that size. Any tips ?
http://clearbags.ca/store/products/protective-closure-bags/ has 44x32 bags, but not 44x34.
-
not exactly but it should fit
http://www.archivalmethods.com/product/polyethylene-bags
35-301 35-3/4 x 47-3/8 2mil on Roll
-
I've cut and sealed some bags for a better fit with a hot knife. Basically just a 35 watt soldering iron with a sharp chisel tip I filed myself. Melts the cut edges together when it cuts. Need to use a sheet of glass beneath it as a cutting surface and a straight edge.
SG
-
see if you can find a paper wholesaler (not an inkjet paper, a commercial printing paper). I get my bags from an outfit called Xpdex, they mostly sell paper and cardboard to print shops. WAY WAY cheaper than clear bags.
if you don't need a glassine feel you can get these http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-3459/Poly-Bags-Flat-Open/36-x-48-6-Mil-Industrial-Poly-Bags
search amazon for poly bags. amazon has more and more of what uline has and without the exorbitant shipping that uline charges.
-
clearbags.com
They have a variety of closure types (no flap, adhesive flap, etc).
Here's one that would fit your prints (46x35"): http://www.clearbags.com/bags/clear-bags/flap-seal/46-7-16-x-35-1-4-flap-crystal-clear-1180x896.html
-
search amazon for poly bags. amazon has more and more of what uline has and without the exorbitant shipping that uline charges.
If you live near a uline warehouse they allow will call pickups, even on Saturday and Sunday. It's awesome!
Neil