Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Mike Sellers on July 27, 2014, 12:43:41 pm

Title: HP Problem
Post by: Mike Sellers on July 27, 2014, 12:43:41 pm
On a HPZ3100 what would cause a continuous false paper jam? What would it take to fix?
Title: Re: HP Problem
Post by: jasdown on July 27, 2014, 01:05:03 pm
The service manual says to run the Turn Drive Roller Service Utility:

"If you have problems with paper jams, check that the Overdrive is not
obstructed by bits of paper or using the Turn Drive Roller Service Utility ⇒
Page 3-61."

Title: Re: HP Problem
Post by: Mike Sellers on July 27, 2014, 02:05:16 pm
thanks. What does "bad ink carriage" mean and how would it be fixed? Cost?
Title: Re: HP Problem
Post by: Geraldo Garcia on July 27, 2014, 06:16:13 pm
I always start by cleaning the encoder strip. It has solved many apparently unrelated error messages, including some false paper jams.

Good luck.
Title: Re: HP Problem
Post by: Mike Sellers on July 29, 2014, 10:02:27 pm
Hi,
How do you clean the encoder strip?
Title: Re: HP Problem
Post by: darlingm on July 29, 2014, 11:42:25 pm
No idea if cleaning encoder strip will help, but wanted to chime in...

It's been a long while, I'll defer to someone else to answer whether to use a lint free dry cloth, or a moist one, or high percentage rubbing alcohol.  So I can't tell you which of these to do.

BUT, I did want to add in to be very careful with the encoder strip.  I remember they are very fragile and susceptible to being scratched.  I treated mine like it was fragile like glass back then, and got through it OK.

If you want to get it all, you'll have to get under the head carriage -- do that by making the carriage move like during init, then lifting hood to stop it or something like that.

Also, I'll defer to someone else on this as well.... But my gut is saying you don't want to remove the strip, and want to clean it in place.  I think (but can't swear) that if it's moved you have alignment issues to deal with.