Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: PeterAit on July 27, 2014, 09:24:22 am

Title: Latest version - 5.4 or 5.5?
Post by: PeterAit on July 27, 2014, 09:24:22 am
When I ask LR to check for updates it tells me I currently have 5.4 and that the new version 5.5 is available. But when I click Download I go to a web page that offers the install file for version 5.4. Which is really the latest and if it is 5.5 where do I find it?
Title: Re: Latest version - 5.4 or 5.5?
Post by: Simon Garrett on July 27, 2014, 09:32:25 am
When I ask LR to check for updates it tells me I currently have 5.4 and that the new version 5.5 is available. But when I click Download I go to a web page that offers the install file for version 5.4. Which is really the latest and if it is 5.5 where do I find it?

I think Adobe have a few broken links.  However, Google is your friend.  Googling "lightroom 5.5 download" I got http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5792 (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5792)

Update: the second link that Google search gave me was the horse's mouth: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2014/06/lightroom-5-5-now-available.html (http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2014/06/lightroom-5-5-now-available.html)
Title: Re: Latest version - 5.4 or 5.5?
Post by: PeterAit on July 27, 2014, 10:02:08 am
Thanks, Simon!
Title: Re: Latest version - 5.4 or 5.5?
Post by: RikkFlohr on July 31, 2014, 07:34:52 am
Lightroom 5.6 was released yesterday: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2014/07/lightroom-5-6-now-available.html