Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on July 26, 2014, 04:33:18 pm

Title: A Story to Tell
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 26, 2014, 04:33:18 pm
and it doesn't appear anyone is listening...
Title: Re: A Story to Tell
Post by: RSL on July 26, 2014, 05:35:48 pm
A fine shot, Chris. Those old coots are having a ball. Amazing: I was able to get this one up on my monitor.
Title: Re: A Story to Tell
Post by: shawnino on July 26, 2014, 06:54:43 pm
Fantastic image.
Aside from the action, I love how the lines in the wood play off the lines in the water (or is it the other way around...)
Great cal on going B&W.
Title: Re: A Story to Tell
Post by: luxborealis on July 26, 2014, 08:40:44 pm
One of the best, most animated photos you've posted, Chris. Nicely seen and captured.
Title: Re: A Story to Tell
Post by: PeterAit on July 27, 2014, 09:56:26 am
and it doesn't appear anyone is listening...

That's probably because they have heard the story 50 times before! Very nice shot - and nicely processed, too.
Title: Re: A Story to Tell
Post by: Bob_B on July 27, 2014, 10:07:27 am
Yes indeed. I also love the processing of the image. It's grand. Congrats for a very compelling image and the story it tells.
Title: Re: A Story to Tell
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 27, 2014, 11:04:14 am
I watched and I waited and I guess I just knew when it was time to trip the shutter. I knew when I did, it was a good shot to the point I didn't look at it until I got it in my RAW editor. It was good in color, but not nearly as good as it came out in B&W. I've already sent this off to be printed. Thanks to everyone for the positive comments.
Title: Re: A Story to Tell
Post by: stamper on July 27, 2014, 11:15:46 am
A very likeable image. The three people are nicely placed in the image. Full marks for this one. :)
Title: Re: A Story to Tell
Post by: seamus finn on July 27, 2014, 11:22:55 am
One of the best, most animated photos you've posted, Chris. Nicely seen and captured.

Agreed.
Title: Re: A Story to Tell
Post by: David Eckels on July 27, 2014, 01:08:17 pm
A fine shot, Chris. Those old coots are having a ball. Amazing: I was able to get this one up on my monitor.
+1