Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on July 24, 2014, 11:52:24 pm

Title: Sleeping bear
Post by: armand on July 24, 2014, 11:52:24 pm
trying to make as much as possible out the suboptimal light
Title: Re: Sleeping bear
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 25, 2014, 03:53:54 am
Looking at the third would make me want to go back when the light is better. I think the scene has promise.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Sleeping bear
Post by: churly on July 25, 2014, 05:55:40 pm
Armand - I've done a bit of shooting a Sleeping Bear.  It's a tough one, especially on clear, sunny days.  I would like to be their for some good storm clouds and softer light. 

I have a couple of attempts at more intimate shots that I can post if you don't mind my crashing your thread.

Chuck
Title: Re: Sleeping bear
Post by: armand on July 25, 2014, 10:35:46 pm
I don't mind at all, go for it.
I had a stormier day 2 days prior but family duties kept me in Traverse City. I am just 3.5 hours away, I'll be lucky one day.
Title: Re: Sleeping bear
Post by: churly on July 26, 2014, 10:33:46 am
Armand - Here are a couple of my attempts from Sleeping Bear.  The last one is down on the lake at Otter Creek.
Chuck

Title: Re: Sleeping bear
Post by: armand on July 27, 2014, 10:18:14 pm
A couple more versions