Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: seamus finn on July 22, 2014, 05:04:43 am

Title: Dublin Poet
Post by: seamus finn on July 22, 2014, 05:04:43 am
Free walk to Belfast - fabulous prize!



Title: Re: Dublin Poet
Post by: Chairman Bill on July 22, 2014, 05:55:42 am
As another Irishman might have had it, it's a cracker. Shame about the hat though - it casts a shadow over the eyes
Title: Re: Dublin Poet
Post by: seamus finn on July 22, 2014, 06:05:38 am
I've dodged a little under the hat - any better?

Title: Re: Dublin Poet
Post by: WalterEG on July 22, 2014, 08:09:20 am
The first version for me Seamus.  A cracker.  For me the context is the revealing extension of the man.  Altering the tonality to look like a press-release hand-out does nothing for the dialogue contained in the image.

Title: Re: Dublin Poet
Post by: Chairman Bill on July 22, 2014, 08:10:04 am
I think that's better. Others will no doubt disagree
Title: Re: Dublin Poet
Post by: stamper on July 22, 2014, 10:46:08 am
Another cracker. First one for me. It is natural for shade to be under a brim.
Title: Re: Dublin Poet
Post by: mal mcilwraith on July 22, 2014, 01:35:54 pm
I rarely take street portraits and I'm not sure how you negotiated this one - but it works for me.

Really like the way he leans into the photo and I guess the pavement eventually leads to Belfast.

Good One.



Mal
Title: Re: Dublin Poet
Post by: Chairman Bill on July 22, 2014, 03:20:54 pm
On reflection, I was wrong. The first one's just fine