Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: mal mcilwraith on July 21, 2014, 04:15:42 pm

Title: Exploring personal and geological memory
Post by: mal mcilwraith on July 21, 2014, 04:15:42 pm
(http://www.getdpi.com/forum/members/malmac/albums/abstractions/7062-memories-past.jpg)

In North West New South Wales is the remains of some serious volcanic activity ( about 20 million years ago).
My wife and I hiked up to a ridge line which was once molten lava pushing up from below the surface of the land at that time. So of course the landscape looked nothing like it does today.

Last year I went to my optometrist and had my eyes checked and he took some photos of inside my eye. I asked him for a digital copy which he did.

So my mind started reflecting on how my sight plays a significant role in my memories and the blood has the colour of fire and my eye ball just sat within what was like the centre of an ancient crater - so things all started to overlap and formed this image,

Well so much for the back story.

I hope you enjoy the image.


Mal
Title: Re: Exploring personal and geological memory
Post by: luxborealis on July 21, 2014, 05:05:31 pm
Fascinating, Mal. I like the way your mind works and the artistic results are fascinating.
Title: Re: Exploring personal and geological memory
Post by: mal mcilwraith on July 21, 2014, 06:53:10 pm
Terry


Thank you for taking the time to read my posts and comment on my tinkerings.

But please feel free to critique the images as well - I really do appreciate people taking a different point of view and applying a set of principles I may not even be aware of.


Cheers



Mal
Title: Re: Exploring personal and geological memory
Post by: wolfnowl on July 22, 2014, 02:18:19 am
Very well done. Thanks for sharing it!

Mike.
Title: Re: Exploring personal and geological memory
Post by: mal mcilwraith on July 23, 2014, 02:03:17 am
Mike


Thank you for your positive response.


Regards



Mal