Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: seamus finn on July 16, 2014, 12:43:27 pm
-
Or don't bother...
-
Damn. Looks good in the thumbnail, Seamus, but all I can get down is the index.php part of the link string. Same thing on both computers.
-
OK, Russ - I've been having problems with Lightroom over the last few sessions. I'll keep in touch. Interested to know have any other viewers the same problem.
-
No viewing problem here. Intriguing image.
Russ, have you tried clicking on the link under the image (ending in .jpg)? It downloads it to your computer and opens it (at least on my Mac).
-
What a find Seamus!!
No viewing issues here on a Mac.
-
Thanks for the suggestion, Slobodan. That link string is slightly different. I tried it, unfortunately with the same results I get from the thumb itself. I just wish I could find another picture site that uses dynamic loading with index.php?. As I said earlier I can go to one of your pictures that's linked to flickr and get the linked picture with no problem. I can go to 500px, get a screen full of thumbnails and bring up any of them with no problem. The only difference I can see between LuLa and the other sites I've checked in with is the use of index.php?. I can't really decide that that's the problem unless I can find another site that does the same thing. Which is not to say that LuLa's the problem. It's quite possible the problem's somewhere along the line to my computers, but I'm guessing that index.php? has something to do with it.
-
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=91704.0;attach=106001;image
Does this link work any different ?
Are you direct to the forum or through Tapatalk ?
Any chance an antivirus or firewall is catching the download ?
Have you tried in a Macdonalds or Starbucks or other pubkic wifi ?, perhaps with a tablet ?
Frank
-
Hi Frank,
No, Firefox wants to load index.php from that link, just like the other LuLa links.
I doubt a virus is the problem. Both machines come up clean from a deep scan with Zone Alarm. Also, the desktop had been screwing up for about two days before I tried to laptop. I hadn't used the laptop for about a month before that, and the problem started about six days ago -- in the middle of the day.
I'm direct to the forum.
Yes, I need to get the laptop to an outside wifi connection and see if it makes any difference. The problem could be in my "modem." On the other hand there's the fact that when I did a chat with CenturyLink in Salt Lake City the gal I was talking to went to LuLa with one of their machines, on a non-CenturyLink connection and got the same problem I've been having.
It's a serious head-scratcher.
-
Looks good here (OS 10.9.3, Safari).
It can't be my eyes fooling me — isn't the "rivet" picture-center a decal showing a grayscale image of man, head & shoulders view?