Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on July 08, 2014, 09:03:40 pm

Title: A Walk in St. Gallen
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 08, 2014, 09:03:40 pm
More images in my blog post. (http://www.parrikar.com/blog/2014/07/08/a-walk-in-st-gallen/)

A Walk in St. Gallen (http://www.parrikar.com/blog/2014/07/08/a-walk-in-st-gallen/)

Title: Re: A Walk in St. Gallen
Post by: francois on July 09, 2014, 03:39:02 am
Beautiful and the white sky, surprisingly, is a good background for those light colored buildings.
Did you get some St-Gallen sausage (http://www.myswitzerland.com/en-ch/st-gallen-sausage.html)?
Title: Re: A Walk in St. Gallen
Post by: mal mcilwraith on July 09, 2014, 04:26:53 am
I did check into your BLOG and lovely clean images - the Hare Krishna guy was interesting but I was disappointed about the lack of orange robes.


Mal
Title: Re: A Walk in St. Gallen
Post by: luxborealis on July 09, 2014, 05:32:24 am
There's nothing like a European town for this kind of intricate and stately architecture and details. A wonderful vignette.
Title: Re: A Walk in St. Gallen
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 09, 2014, 10:05:59 am
And all beautifully straightened, giving them a nice "view camera" look.

(Funny, I can't find the "tilt-shift" button on my own 24-105.    ;D  )
Title: Re: A Walk in St. Gallen
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 09, 2014, 12:08:52 pm
Thank you, gentlemen.

Beautiful and the white sky, surprisingly, is a good background for those light colored buildings.
Did you get some St-Gallen sausage (http://www.myswitzerland.com/en-ch/st-gallen-sausage.html)?

Francois - Unfortunately, no.  I only eat chicken and so many of the world's culinary delights remain outside the circumference of my experience.


And all beautifully straightened, giving them a nice "view camera" look.

(Funny, I can't find the "tilt-shift" button on my own 24-105.    ;D  )


Eric - The A tab for Upright corrections in Adobe ACR is impressive and works quite intelligently.  Often it will retain just a bit of keystoning.