Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Eric Brody on July 04, 2014, 03:21:47 pm
-
I just decided to make a new sunlight color profile for my Fuji X T-1. I made proper separate exposures of both the white balance panel and of the color sample panel. I then imported them into Lightroom in the usual manner.
I then white balanced the white panel with the white balance eyedropper and got white balance numbers (color temperature and tint) for that. I then used that color temperature and tint to set the color temperature for the color profile. Does this make sense, am I just wasting my time?
Does anyone have a procedure that works and makes sense. FWIW, most of my images end up as slightly warm toned black and white (with Silver Effex Pro 2) but I still like the idea of color precision or as close to precision as I can reasonably get.
Thanks for any suggestions or comments (including if you think I'm just wacko and should leave well enough alone).
-
You should not have to white balance the shot you want to use for profiling. The profiling software should handle that automatically.
I assume you are using the X-rite profiling software?
-
You're just wasting your time (sorry) ;)
The profile and the subsequent WB setting that produces a color appearance you desire are separated for good reason.
-
Thanks Andrew & Eyeball. I thought I might be making things more complex than they needed to be and yes, I'm using the X-Rite Profiling software.
I'll leave well enough alone.