Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: zuitomedia on July 04, 2014, 01:02:47 pm

Title: CF card recommendations for P40+
Post by: zuitomedia on July 04, 2014, 01:02:47 pm
I've been mostly shooting tethered and using the smaller CF cards i use with my 35mm system. Any recommendations on speed and or size? I was a multiple smaller cards rather than one big one person, but i'm sure CF cards are much more reliable than they used to be.

Also any issues with switching cards between systems and what are best practices for formatting?
Title: Re: CF card recommendations for P40+
Post by: Chris Livsey on July 04, 2014, 02:56:19 pm
http://www.phaseone.com/search/article.aspx?articleid=1591&languageid=1
Supported CF Cards on P+ - series of Digital backs

http://www.phaseone.com/Search/Article.aspx?articleid=1565&languageid=1
CF Cards: test Compact Flash cards
In order to avoid using damaged cards during a shoot, we recommend that you test your CF card before.

https://www.digitaltransitions.com/pdf/PlusBackGuide.pdf

Chapter 5 Card usage
Title: Re: CF card recommendations for P40+
Post by: Paul2660 on July 04, 2014, 03:58:26 pm
I regularly use the Scandisk Extreme Pro 90/MB/s cards, both the 16GB and 32GB size with no problems.  IQ160 and IQ260 both have worked well with these cards. 

Paul
Title: Re: CF card recommendations for P40+
Post by: ndevlin on July 04, 2014, 10:01:38 pm

I have long been, and remain, a fan of the Transcend CF cards.  Fast, cheap, never fail. Use a 64GB one in a late model Hassy with no issues.

- N.
Title: Re: CF card recommendations for P40+
Post by: Paul2660 on July 05, 2014, 09:43:41 am
Nick:

I agree on the transend cards, I use the 32 and 16 400x cards, without any issues.  They are not "blessed" by Phase One however so I did not mention them.  I agree great card, fast no problems in 2 years of hard use. 

The only transend card that my One back seems to not prefer is the slower 132X (red card colored card).  This card does tend to get hung up at times so I no longer use it, Nikon cameras love it however.

Paul