Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: pjtn on July 04, 2014, 02:37:17 am

Title: Bush at dusk
Post by: pjtn on July 04, 2014, 02:37:17 am
I've been wanting to capture our bushland for a while know and decided to try shooting a low light series that's relatively abstracted. Not sure what to think of them yet.
Title: Re: Bush at dusk
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 04, 2014, 12:25:39 pm
Intriguing series. The thumbnails look like nothing, but clicking to enlarge reveals their dark secrets.

For my taste the last one is just a tiny bit too dark. The others work very well.
Title: Re: Bush at dusk
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 04, 2014, 01:08:20 pm
Very nice and original. They would require special viewing conditions in a home or gallery, say, a darkened room with dim spot lights. If I would show them as a series, I would exclude #2 as too obvious (as opposed to "relatively abstracted").
Title: Re: Bush at dusk
Post by: pjtn on July 04, 2014, 09:48:37 pm
Thanks for the replies.

I agree Slobodan the second one is more literal than the others. This one is perhaps a little more abstract.

Title: Re: Bush at dusk
Post by: francois on July 07, 2014, 06:03:04 am
Very special, I like this set of images…