Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: vulture on July 02, 2014, 03:56:01 am

Title: Panasonic GH4 with Canon EF lenses
Post by: vulture on July 02, 2014, 03:56:01 am
I started to use my Canon EF lenses on the GH4 via Redrock  MFT Active Lens mount.
While losing the AF options of the GH4 (not a big issue for me), it's giving me usage of the full range of my EF lens range with full aperture control.
I am quite impressed with the results so far, especially with my prime EF 2.8/400, becoming a 2.8/800 on the GH4.
Anybody else with experiences on this set-up?
Title: Re: Panasonic GH4 with Canon EF lenses
Post by: Vladimirovich on July 02, 2014, 11:00:47 am
specially with my prime EF 2.8/400, becoming a 2.8/800 on the GH4.
just mount that on Pentax Q and by your logic (  ;)  ) it will become 2200/2.8
Title: Re: Panasonic GH4 with Canon EF lenses
Post by: Telecaster on July 02, 2014, 06:13:12 pm
I've used my Nikon 400/3.5, sometimes with its 2x teleconverter, on Olympus E-M5 & E-M1 cameras. Image quality is excellent. With the TC I can resolve Saturn's rings, though actually locating Saturn with the lens/camera combo can be tricky. I need a spotting lens.   ;)  For my non-astrophotographical use, though, the 400mm is too big & heavy and has too much reach with or without the TC. I'm more of a 28–135mm (or equiv.) kinda guy.

-Dave-