Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: fdisilvestro on June 28, 2014, 11:57:57 am
-
Also know as an Oxbow lake,
CxC welcome
Thanks for watching
-
Very good, Francisco. Even the toning adds to the effect. Composition is excellent. Everything works. Bravo!
-
Thanks Russ, much appreciated
-
Very nice. I thought billabongs were indigenous to Australia, or at least that the term was.
-
Hi, thanks for your comment, the photo is from Australia, central Victoria.
From Wikipedia:
Billabong: a Wiradjuri word that is used for an oxbow lake, an isolated pond left behind after a river changes course
-
Love this! Well seen and created in every way. Compelling! Definitely one to stare at and think about for a long, long time!
-
Hmmmm.
Not really working for me - very busy and IMHO it's not clear what the subject is.
-
Thanks for your comments Terry and David. I do appreciate all feedback.
David, I find it busy when I'm close to it, since the reflected trees fight with the floating plants. When I increase the distance then the trees stand out (for me). It might not work for you anyway, which is valid. Thanks for expressing your thoughts.
(Just in case, it is an upside-down image of a water reflection)
Regards
-
(Just in case, it is an upside-down image of a water reflection)
Ok, that helps - still busy but I get it ! 8)