Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: plugsnpixels on June 27, 2014, 03:17:37 pm

Title: Adobe CC updates: dmg's not unmounting
Post by: plugsnpixels on June 27, 2014, 03:17:37 pm
Here's a weird little thing I've been noticing (OS X) whenever I have occasion to go into Disk Utility as well as general installer dialogs for any software: Recently run Adobe updates leave behind a mounted disk image, or so it seems. Whenever I see this I manually Eject the .dmg via Disk Utility and go on my merry way.

Here's the path of this particular one:
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0/Install/AdobeExtensionManagerCC-7.0/7.2.1/setup.dmg (Install folder does not seem to be visible).

While trolling around at this level of the system, I see the Adobe uninstallers don't do a thorough job of removing all files related to various old deleted apps.
Title: Re: Adobe CC updates: dmg's not unmounting
Post by: kirkt on June 27, 2014, 04:26:42 pm
I have noticed this also.  Disc Utility does the trick.
Title: Re: Adobe CC updates: dmg's not unmounting
Post by: plugsnpixels on June 27, 2014, 04:46:59 pm
And I would love to delete all the Legal folders and other pork under each Adobe app but I seem to recall this interfering with future updates. Folders aren't huge at all, just annoying to know they're there.