Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on June 25, 2014, 03:58:20 pm

Title: Clean and Comfortable
Post by: RSL on June 25, 2014, 03:58:20 pm
I might have posted an earlier version of this one. Don't remember for sure, but I walked by it again and re-shot it. I like the light in this one.
Title: Re: Clean and Comfortable
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 25, 2014, 04:11:34 pm
Nice visual pun. I am sure they were so (clean and comfortable) in the... 50s, 60s?
Title: Re: Clean and Comfortable
Post by: RSL on June 25, 2014, 04:33:44 pm
Probably more like thirties and forties. This motel has been around for a long time. Here are a couple more oldies from the same area. I can remember staying in places like these two in the late thirties when my dad would take a vacation and we'd tour through the west.

Sorry. These are tourist snapshots.
Title: Re: Clean and Comfortable
Post by: stamper on June 26, 2014, 04:19:29 am
Nothing wrong with tourist shots as long as someone doesn't confuse them with the artistic variety. The first one is very likeable. I assume Russ you have done the obligatory conversion to B&W because it is a prime candidate for a contrasty, gritty, noisy rendering.
Title: Re: Clean and Comfortable
Post by: David Anderson on July 02, 2014, 03:31:25 am
I like the shot, but would't stay there.. :D