Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on June 19, 2014, 02:46:03 pm

Title: road to the hill
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 19, 2014, 02:46:03 pm
At least I wasn't run over...

Does a square crop improve it?

Jeremy
Title: Re: road to the hill
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 19, 2014, 03:13:06 pm
I think it does.

Do I sense a slight barrel distortion?
Title: Re: road to the hill
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 19, 2014, 03:40:36 pm
I prefer the square, too. There's more room for the scene to breathe.
Title: Re: road to the hill
Post by: francois on June 20, 2014, 02:31:07 am
Square, no question! In the portrait version, the hill is too far. The road portion is too large and doesn't bring much to the scene.
Title: Re: road to the hill
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on June 21, 2014, 03:54:19 pm
Looks like the Wilson Cliffs just outside Las Vegas in the Red Rocks area.
Title: Re: road to the hill
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 23, 2014, 03:58:42 am
Looks like the Wilson Cliffs just outside Las Vegas in the Red Rocks area.

I didn't know that what why they were called, Rajan, but you've got the location.

Slobodan, I'm not sure what you're looking at. There shouldn't be barrel distortion, as the 24-105 was at 88mm and I had the LR lens correct enabled which I would hope would have caught anything remaining.

Jeremy
Title: Re: road to the hill
Post by: David Anderson on July 02, 2014, 03:27:03 am
The square crop works well.

I don't really see any distortion - maybe the slight rise of the road gives that impression ?