Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: epines on June 16, 2014, 01:48:55 pm

Title: urgent - need Hasselblad CF lens adapter in Los Angeles tomorrow
Post by: epines on June 16, 2014, 01:48:55 pm
Is there anyone in Los Angeles with the CF adapter for connecting V lenses to an H body? I need it for a shoot tomorrow. Can't find it for rent. Buying it for a one-time doesn't make sense.

Please email me: [email protected], or try my cell: 310 383 1509

thanks everyone

e

Title: Re: urgent - need Hasselblad CF lens adapter in Los Angeles tomorrow
Post by: epines on June 16, 2014, 02:39:41 pm
BTW - I'm happy to rent it from you. I'm doing a shoot where I need to focus close with a wide lens, and the CF lenses focus closer than the HC lenses. I have a 13mm extension tube for the H camera, but it actually brings the focus too close, even at infinity.

thanks

ethan


Title: Re: urgent - need Hasselblad CF lens adapter in Los Angeles tomorrow
Post by: jerome_m on June 16, 2014, 03:05:42 pm
I don't live in Los Angeles, but I have a small remark. If you think that the 13mm extension ring focuses too close, it is because you are using a wide angle lens. Try the 80mm standard lens or a longer lens.
Title: Re: urgent - need Hasselblad CF lens adapter in Los Angeles tomorrow
Post by: epines on June 18, 2014, 10:58:35 am
Ended up renting the 35mm HC, which focuses closer than the 35-90. Just that extra 6-7" made a huge difference.

Jerome, I appreciate the help, but as stated I needed to do this with a wide angle. Believe me, I tried plenty of options. I'm aware of how the extension tube works with various focal lengths, and I tested the whole range.