Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on June 15, 2014, 01:48:33 pm

Title: red ridge
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 15, 2014, 01:48:33 pm
I can't decide whether it would be worth the effort to remove the blurred foliage sticking up on the right, or to crop it out. Thoughts?

Jeremy
Title: Re: red ridge
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 15, 2014, 09:21:17 pm
Since you forgot to bring your chainsaw to the scene, I would be tempted to try content-aware fill, probably in small pieces at a time, to get rid of the blurry thing. I like the composition otherwise going all the way to the right edge better than what you get cropping to the left of the blurry thing.

Just my 2 farthings. But I love playing with CA-fill, which often gets mysteriously creative.
Title: Re: red ridge
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 17, 2014, 03:04:13 pm
It proved fairly easy in this case. I also extended the crop to the right: this is a 5-shot pano, so there was a lot more room.

Jeremy
Title: Re: red ridge
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 17, 2014, 05:04:42 pm
Very nicely done!
Title: Re: red ridge
Post by: wolfnowl on June 19, 2014, 01:48:16 am
Much better.

Mike.
Title: Re: red ridge
Post by: francois on June 19, 2014, 06:20:49 am
Much better.

Mike.

Exactly, much improved. The work involved to remove the foliage is/was probably not that extensive so you did well.