Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: sharperstill on June 14, 2014, 02:23:57 am

Title: 2 boat lengths
Post by: sharperstill on June 14, 2014, 02:23:57 am
I thought there was a 'Recent Professional Work' thread which I was going to post this into, but I couldn't find it.
About twice per year I shoot yacht racing, a mix of inshore and offshore.
Here's a recent pic from just before the start of an offshore race. Very difficult shooting conditions, bumpy swell, wind and rain. Two of us in a small open top speedboat. Shooting with a 'hired' 1D-X and 400mm f2.8.

Jon
Title: Re: 2 boat lengths
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 14, 2014, 11:49:32 am
Wonderful photograph!

Btw, the thread is here (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=75783.msg736838#top):
Title: Re: 2 boat lengths
Post by: francois on June 15, 2014, 12:11:09 pm
One of the best recent sailing photo I've seen.

Bravo!
Title: Re: 2 boat lengths
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 15, 2014, 12:52:13 pm
One of the best recent sailing photo I've seen.

Bravo!
I agree.
Title: Re: 2 boat lengths
Post by: fdisilvestro on June 17, 2014, 06:08:38 am
Wonderful shot!
Title: Re: 2 boat lengths
Post by: Mjollnir on June 17, 2014, 10:57:31 am
If photography is about capturing a mood and telling a story, you've done it.

Nice.
Title: Re: 2 boat lengths
Post by: sharperstill on June 20, 2014, 12:12:50 am
Thanks for the comments.
Here's another favourite from late 2012 and a magical few minutes of light off Sydney Harbour.
Title: Re: 2 boat lengths
Post by: brandtb on June 22, 2014, 06:32:56 pm
great shot
Title: Re: 2 boat lengths
Post by: stamper on June 23, 2014, 03:25:23 am
My preference would be the second image. Very fine work. I feel in the first that there is too much of the sea and too little of the boat. A difficult situation too capture. However it is worthy.