Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: PBC on June 10, 2014, 09:49:36 am

Title: Elgol Dusk (No. 1)
Post by: PBC on June 10, 2014, 09:49:36 am
Hi guys; just one more to get a sanity check on my post processing...

Does it work for you?

Appreciate all comments and feedback.

Phil
Title: Re: Elgol Dusk (No. 1)
Post by: louoates on June 10, 2014, 11:10:08 am
It works very nicely for me. I enjoy seeing this kind of interpretation that is not quite the usual photograph. It's striking and would sell very well as home or office decor.
Title: Re: Elgol Dusk (No. 1)
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 10, 2014, 11:27:22 am
Very nice colours and tones, and your composition links the foreground and background.
Title: Re: Elgol Dusk (No. 1)
Post by: Richowens on June 10, 2014, 11:59:10 am


  Yes indeed!  Well done.

Rich
Title: Re: Elgol Dusk (No. 1)
Post by: Chris Calohan on June 10, 2014, 02:35:34 pm
Very nice.
Title: Re: Elgol Dusk (No. 1)
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 10, 2014, 03:07:15 pm
I would say that the foreground rocks are too bright for the overall atmosphere. A lovely image otherwise.
Title: Re: Elgol Dusk (No. 1)
Post by: stamper on June 11, 2014, 03:20:42 am
I would certainly hang this one on a wall. Well done.
Title: Re: Elgol Dusk (No. 1)
Post by: PBC on June 11, 2014, 07:38:57 am
Thanks guys; I do like a sanity check whilst my confidence builds.

I would say that the foreground rocks are too bright for the overall atmosphere.

I did try darkening the foreground rocks down, but it seemed to lose some of the depth to the image.  I find that there is a feeling of following the rocks into the image, but darkened this is greatly reduced.  Not sure why, maybe it is just the way my eye works

Phil
Title: Re: Elgol Dusk (No. 1)
Post by: PBC on June 11, 2014, 07:39:03 am
.
Title: Re: Elgol Dusk (No. 1)
Post by: stamper on June 11, 2014, 11:14:33 am
Thanks guys; I do like a sanity check whilst my confidence builds.

I did try darkening the foreground rocks down, but it seemed to lose some of the depth to the image.  I find that there is a feeling of following the rocks into the image, but darkened this is greatly reduced.  Not sure why, maybe it is just the way my eye works

Phil

It all depends if you want "realism" or an "artistic" effect? I usually prefer the latter and this image suits it. :)
Title: Re: Elgol Dusk (No. 1)
Post by: PBC on June 11, 2014, 12:06:48 pm
I avoid any word with "art" at the front - can start too many debates :-)

I do try for personal interpretation, so not actually realism but how I saw / felt / remember it.  Sometimes it works and sometimes....

Phil
Title: Re: Elgol Dusk (No. 1)
Post by: Andy Fox on June 15, 2014, 02:49:31 am
Great image!