Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Ed B on June 08, 2014, 12:23:46 am

Title: A little Documentary
Post by: Ed B on June 08, 2014, 12:23:46 am
Shot these at a live pour of metal artists.
Title: Re: A little Documentary
Post by: Ed B on June 08, 2014, 12:24:38 am
...
Title: Re: A little Documentary
Post by: brandtb on June 08, 2014, 08:11:13 am
the makings of a very nice essay /B
Title: Re: A little Documentary
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 08, 2014, 09:21:18 am
the makings of a very nice essay /B

+1.
Title: Re: A little Documentary
Post by: RSL on June 08, 2014, 10:21:15 am
I think it goes beyond a neat essay. A couple of these could be used to illustrate an H.P. Lovecraft novel.
Title: Re: A little Documentary
Post by: Iluvmycam on June 08, 2014, 10:45:31 am
Very Nice!
Title: Re: A little Documentary
Post by: Ed B on June 08, 2014, 09:21:34 pm
Thanks for the comments. I wish I got to see the finished pieces though, would have made this a little more complete.
Title: Re: A little Documentary
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 09, 2014, 11:37:11 am
Indeed very nice!

Look like even Satan was attracted to it (shot #3)  ;)
Title: Re: A little Documentary
Post by: Ed B on June 09, 2014, 10:29:31 pm
Indeed very nice!

Look like even Satan was attracted to it (shot #3)  ;)

Thanks Slobodon. That guy might fit in the books Russ mentioned as well. haha
Title: Re: A little Documentary
Post by: francois on June 10, 2014, 07:03:02 am
I like this set of photos a lot. It brings back memories when I spent a week in an industrial foundry… Epic, these places could be called Satan's forge.
Title: Re: A little Documentary
Post by: Ed B on June 10, 2014, 09:55:48 pm
I like this set of photos a lot. It brings back memories when I spent a week in an industrial foundry… Epic, these places could be called Satan's forge.

I couldn't get as close as I would have liked shooting these (40 feet from the forge maybe) but the heat at that range could really be felt and this was outdoors on a cool night. I can't imagine how hot it is in a foundry.