Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: rogan on June 06, 2014, 02:06:36 pm
-
Any reason to use sigmas lens usb focus tool over the built in Nikon one? If so, do I leave the nikon setting at zero? Does the lens remember more than one camera?
thanks
-
http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/06/sigma-120-300-f2-8-os-sport-part-1-features-and-optics
-
As stated in the posted article, the biggest advantage over the camera's built in AF Fine Tune is the ability to set the adjustment at different focal lengths for zooms. My strategy is if the lens back or front focus the same on multiple cameras use the Sigma too. If I find it to be different and not that close on different cameras I'll use the camera's tool. The other option is to get it close for all cameras using the Sigma app and fine tune for each camera.