Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: dgberg on June 05, 2014, 09:22:52 am

Title: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: dgberg on June 05, 2014, 09:22:52 am
My beautiful wife of 43 years passed away April 25th.
Diagnosed in 2000 with breast cancer and then with return bouts in 2004 and 2012.
Gosh what a fight she put up. She swore it was not going to get the best of her but it finally did.

My high school sweet heart and the only girl I ever dated. Dating at 16 engaged in high school at 17. First child at 18.
One of my favorite stories I have to tell is about her showing her girl friends her diamond engagement ring on the bus.
Not sure what the heck we were thinking but we were sure in love.
I remember the look on her fathers face when I asked him to marry his daughter.
I was so scared I was shaking. He said maybe you should go in the service and go to Viet Nam.
Nope I said I want to get married and we did.
Our 3 beautiful children and 6 grandchildren were her life.

She just loved photography. She had a great eye for it too.
An example is the 2005 photo of the photographers shown below from Yellowstone.
I was going through her images and saw very few shots of the bears but she must have had a dozen or more of the photographers.
When I asked her why, she said oh we can get pictures of bears anytime that group just caught my eye.

Love you babe.
Dan

Couple of shots of Sherri first in 2011 in the California redwoods.
The second shot is from 1996 the year she became a grandmother. (44)
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: BernardLanguillier on June 05, 2014, 09:31:05 am
My most sincere condolences Dan.

Kind regards,
Bernard
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: Johnny_Johnson on June 05, 2014, 10:30:58 am
Very sorry to hear of your loss Dan. And, I love the shot of the photographers and the bear.

Later,
Johnny
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: francois on June 05, 2014, 10:46:28 am
Sad… it brings tears to my eyes.
Condolences.
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: JimGoshorn on June 05, 2014, 10:59:56 am
My thoughts and prayers are with you Dan.

Jim
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 05, 2014, 11:03:05 am
My condolences, Dan. It must have been a blessing to have her in your life.
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 05, 2014, 12:31:58 pm
My condolences, too, Dan. May the memories sustain you for many years.

Eric
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: WalterEG on June 05, 2014, 03:31:48 pm
May Light Perpetual shine upon her.
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: mezzoduomo on June 05, 2014, 05:19:06 pm
Dan,
I'm so very sorry for your loss...and I'm grateful that you shared a little glimpse of a remarkable relationship with all of us. I should be so lucky to share so much with such a special partner.
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: Bryan Conner on June 06, 2014, 01:45:19 am
My sincerest condolences Dan.  Celebrate her life through the good memories of her.
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: jeffreybehr on June 06, 2014, 03:25:09 am
I'm very sorry for your loss, Dan.  Sounds as if Sherri was a wonderful woman.
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: fdisilvestro on June 06, 2014, 07:50:35 pm
My sincere condolences Dan.
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on June 07, 2014, 09:02:34 am
 Dan, so very sorry to hear of your loss. You have my sincerest condolences.

 Kevin in CT
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: pearlstreet on June 07, 2014, 10:02:31 am
Dear Dan, I'm so very sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your children and grandchildren.

Sharon
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: RSL on June 07, 2014, 10:52:11 am
Grieve now, Dan, but remember and rejoice in the life you had together. Not everyone is fortunate enough to enjoy that kind of love. It's a blessing.
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: BobDavid on June 08, 2014, 10:35:36 am
Condolences.
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: Ray Cox on June 08, 2014, 11:03:13 pm
So sorry to hear of your loss!

I know all too well what you are going through. I lost my wife of 43 years to lymphoma 4 years ago. A 16 year long battle that was incredibly difficult. She taught me what true strength is.

Hold all of the good times close to your heart! Those can't be taken away.  My sincere condolences, Ray
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: John McDermott on June 09, 2014, 06:15:25 pm
Oh my!
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: Colorado David on June 09, 2014, 09:10:58 pm
Dan,

I have looked at this topic several times hoping that something would come to me to say.  I have visited your websites to try to get a better idea of who you are, hoping that would give me some wisdom to say something meaningful.  All I can say is that if I were in your place, I would be devastated at the loss.  I am so sorry for your loss and pray you'll heal and pour yourself into your children and grandchildren.

I used to do all the production for a cable channel that featured health and medical reporting.  I shot interviews with a lot of cancer survivors and they all said they wouldn't wish on their worst enemy, but wouldn't have missed it for anything.  Those are hard emotions to understand for people who've not been touched by a life threatening illness.  Over the five years that I did that, every now and then I would find my assistant quietly crying in her office.  That meant another of the people we had been close to had lost their fight.

Please accept my condolences.

Warmest regards,
David
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: Alan Klein on June 09, 2014, 09:25:22 pm
Dan:  My sincerest condolences to you and your family.  I'm so sorry for your loss.
Alan
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: dgberg on July 17, 2014, 05:10:28 pm
Thank you all for the thoughtful and kind words.

Dan
Title: Re: Sherri Berg 1952-2014
Post by: PeterAit on July 23, 2014, 11:45:46 am
Dan,

What a dreadful thing. Life is not always kind. Best wishes to you.