Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Mike Field on June 04, 2014, 08:02:57 am

Title: Mountain soccer - new idea
Post by: Mike Field on June 04, 2014, 08:02:57 am
I am not sure what I think of this idea.  What are you opinions?

Mike
Title: Re: Mountain soccer - new idea
Post by: louoates on June 04, 2014, 10:49:35 am
What idea? It would help if you could elaborate on what you were intending.  All I see is a closeup of some rocks or stones.
Title: Re: Mountain soccer - new idea
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 04, 2014, 10:56:16 am
Not sure about the "idea," but it could be a welcome addition to the Show us some Abstracts! thread (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=86369.0) in this forum.
Title: Re: Mountain soccer - new idea
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 04, 2014, 12:54:27 pm
Not sure about the "idea," but it could be a welcome addition to the Show us some Abstracts! thread (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=86369.0) in this forum.
I suspect the "idea" comes from the fact that the rock formation does resemble a soccer ball.
I agree that it would fit well in the "Abstracts" thread.
Title: Re: Mountain soccer - new idea
Post by: Mike Field on June 04, 2014, 01:07:13 pm
You are all correct, "idea" was a bad choice of a word.  Here is the develop of the image.  I was walking through a park and came across this broken circle in the sidewalk, as I looked at it it reminded me of a soccer ball.  I took the photograph and applied color and it then looked more like an interesting abstract of a soccer ball.  I liked the colors and design but was not sure it was a good abstract and was looking for opinions from a broader more experienced group.  So the "idea" was more a reconfirmation that interesting images can be found in many unusual places and the question is whether this image is interesting.  I wasn't aware that there was an "abstract" forum.  How do you navigate to it?
Title: Re: Mountain soccer - new idea
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 04, 2014, 02:15:50 pm
... I wasn't aware that there was an "abstract" forum.  How do you navigate to it?

By clicking on the link I provided ;)
Title: Re: Mountain soccer - new idea
Post by: muntanela on June 04, 2014, 03:20:22 pm
the question is whether this image is interesting.  

Yes, it is interesting to me. I like it in itself, not as an image of a soccer ball. It has a primeval allure.