Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: maeda on June 01, 2014, 06:28:25 pm
-
Hi,
I installed the last firmware (1.58) for my mamiya 645DF and since that i don't have anymore the RP fonction in auto bracketing mode.
Worst, when i try to use the continuous mode (C) in conjunction with AEB i have an error message.
Did you already had some problems with this firmware and the auto bracketing mode ?
I'd like to downgrade is anyone still had the 1.55 firmware ?
thanks
-
First you may want to try reinstalling the firmware and then resetting the camera to defaults. Sometimes during the install of the firmware something can go awry.
I'll send you a PM with a link to the previous firmwares. However, I would suggest that you should work with your dealer to determine the next step.
-
Thank you very much for the link Doug.
What is the procedure to reset my camera ?
I already went to the official phase one / mamiya dealer in Paris (prophot)
The first problem that they encountered is the camera was not recognized by the last fw updater.
With an ancient version of the fw updater they managed to instal the last firmware but something wrong happens.
They told me to open a case with P1 and ask them downloading a version of the fw updater compatible with mamiya camera because a phase one 645DF is different than a mamiya 645DF.
I thought it was only a "sticker" difference but apparently not.
For info my DB is a DM33.
-
Please contact our French partner TCP (http://www.tcp-france.fr/contact.html) and ask to speak to Jerome Lioret, he'll be able to help you...
Thanks
Yair
-
Thank you Yair !
-
Ok some infos if you got the same gear than me.
If you want the autobracketing back in conjunction with the C mode you have to downgrade to the... 1.25 version !
I tested the 1.55, 1.57 and 1.58 not stable at all for the mamiya 645DF with the DM33.
Last info, i didn't know that the last firmware for the leaf aptus II or mamiya DM was 5.048.
-
'I tested the 1.55, 1.57 and 1.58 not stable at all for the mamiya 645DF with the DM33.'
really ?
i thought that at least… all my problems will be solved… while i'm really happy with the quality of the file with the DM33 mounted on my RM3D… i don't consider my DF as a professional camera due to stability and errors… i'm using the Arca or the D800 instead… what's a shame really !
I have the same set up, and had major problems in the past with 1.55 and 1.57 … the 1.58 was supposed to fix it :
Updating to version 1.58 (or newer) requires Firmware Updater 3.3, available from:
http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/firmware.html
Firmware version 1.58 is a major stability update, and addresses numerous scenarios of “Err DB”, “Cap DB” and “No DB”
Firmware version 1.58 is highly recommended for all 645DF cameras.
I don't have the battery grip, i have to borough one… shall i give it a try, or is the 1.58 still a bad idea for my set up ?
in case i have some trouble, are the old firmware still online ?
Thanks