Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: KingRoach on May 28, 2014, 01:11:45 pm

Title: Red Flower - Red Filter
Post by: KingRoach on May 28, 2014, 01:11:45 pm
Opinions, comments and critiques are most welcome.
Title: Re: Red Flower - Red Filter
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 28, 2014, 01:59:56 pm
I like the concept but I think you have too much background, with too much going on in it. It distracts from the beauty of the subject flower.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Red Flower - Red Filter
Post by: wmchauncey on May 29, 2014, 03:59:48 am
I shoot a few flowers myself, which automatically makes me an expert...right?  Until you develop a feel for it, stick with one flower in the scene.
For inspiration, check this out...http://www.kathleenclemonsphotography.com/#/page/9cf2/flowers/
Title: Re: Red Flower - Red Filter
Post by: KingRoach on June 03, 2014, 07:03:54 pm
Thanks a lot for the comments. That's a nice link, wmchauncey, inspiring, but lots of software use in a way that is not my style.
Title: Re: Red Flower - Red Filter
Post by: wolfnowl on June 04, 2014, 02:16:39 am
I like the concept but I think you have too much background, with too much going on in it. It distracts from the beauty of the subject flower.

Jeremy
Indeed. My first thought exactly.

Mike.