Luminous Landscape Forum
Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Kevin Gallagher on May 28, 2014, 06:52:47 am
-
Wow, they say that time flies when you are having fun and it surely has flown by here!! I stumbled on to this site in Early 2000 and became a "member" in 2004, over the years this site and it's links to others have greatly added to my knowledge and enjoyment of photography. Living close to NY I was privileged to meet Michael, Chris, Jeff, Steve K, Uwe, and many other luminaries in the photo world at the Photo Plus expos. Gracious gentlemen all (even Jeff:)). Michael, happy anniversary and thanks for all that you do, it is much appreciated! I've not had the opportunity to meet Kevin Raber yet but there's always next year :)
Kevin in CT
-
Happy Birthday to the team!
-
Congratulations to all members of the team who made LuLa a landmark in our photography world, in particular of course to Michael.
Boudewijn Swanenburg
-
I'll add my congratulations and thanks as well. I have learned a huge amount from this site and I hugely enjoy it.
Jeremy
-
I remember the first days very well and look forward to the next 15 earth years if the Galactic Hyperspace Planning Council allow it ;D
-
I remember the first days very well and look forward to the next 15 earth years if the Galactic Hyperspace Planning Council allow it ;D
Just keep you blanket handy.
Michael
-
Feliz Quince AƱos Lula dudes!
According to mexican tradition you have to dance a waltz.
Eduardo
-
Happy birthday to the team! I'm a loyal reader of your magazine since 2005 when I've bought my first digicam - a Sony R1 which was
praised reviewed by Michael. I've learned a lot on LuLa and I wish you for my own interest further successful 15 years.
Harald
-
Congratulations! Happy birthday to this useful and interesting site full of knowledge. But please, in the home page article change the link: "Today we share our Last 15 years" for "Today we share our First 15 years" :)
-
Many of the way-back images are like old friends. One I was hoping to see again was from an early trip to Iceland. It was an image of a small cottage (church?) in the distance with a hill or mountain in the background and a round football (American style) shaped cloud overhead. (straining to recall accurately?) Congrats LuLa!
I think taken with an early Canon 1D.
-
Congratulations to the LuLa team for 15 years. Here's to many more.
This one Paul?
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/1photo-pages/r/ringed-cloud.shtml (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/1photo-pages/r/ringed-cloud.shtml)
Rich
-
Yes Rich, that must be it. One of my favs. But I think I'm confusing or merging in my memory two different photos. I also remember an image taken on the same trip with the one you link to that had a smaller cottage or church in the center. Maybe had a steeple? And had little red in the cottage. Thanks for the effort. I'm old and my signals are getting crossed.
-
I missed the first five years, but in 2004 I bought my first digital camera (a Canon 10D), and a friend mentioned Luminous Landscape to me, so I took a look, and I was hooked.
My transition to Digital would have been much more painful without my daily dose of LuLa. No other website has made me want to come back day after day.
So let me add my congratulations and a hearty Thank You All for creating and fostering this wonderful meeting place, where art and technology both get proper respect.
I look forward to the next fifteen years.
Eric M.
-
Just keep you blanket handy.
Michael
Such decisions we must make when dealing with a "number one rule" ;D
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/search/?q=rules&x=10&y=16
-
I'll add a "me too" congratulations. LuLa - the site, and all the contributors, have been a steady resource in my continuing photographic education and growth. You are appreciated!
Mark
-
I still remember reading Michael's initial report on the brand new Canon D30 and thinking, "Hmmm, maybe I should start taking this electronic camera stuff seriously." I was confident, though, that my shoot, develop, scan, process workflow would continue for many more years, even decades. Oops! :D
Congrats on the first 15 LuLa years!
-Dave-
-
Congratulations, and many thanks to all of you for this great resource!
-
I would like to thanks the Lula team for the great work over the years.
I have been a follower from the beginning and learnt how to digitally capture, process and print using the vast information/videos available form Lula.
Here's looking at another 15years. I say that with a NZ pinot noir in hand :-)
-
I would like to thanks the Lula team for the great work over the years.
I have been a follower from the beginning and learnt how to digitally capture, process and print using the vast information/videos available form Lula.
Here's looking at another 15years. I say that with a NZ pinot noir in hand :-)
A regular visitor for the last 12 years (or so) congratulations and keep up the good work. Especially in the early days there was a lot pioneering work done on this site. There are still interesting information, discussions and articles that keep me coming back.
-
Yes indeed. Consistently the very best photograpy website in existence - and certainly the most civilised. Long may it continue. Best wishes to the site's principals and contributors.
Roy
-
Big congratulations to the LuLa team.
It would feel kind of incomplete and missing some needed substance without the Site. Long may it radiate:)