Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: chiek on May 27, 2014, 04:55:24 am

Title: new concepts for sinar 4x5 / a7 (Sony a7 hide in Sinar systems)
Post by: chiek on May 27, 2014, 04:55:24 am
Sony a7 hide in Sinar p2

Many studio photographers have sinar systems.
so I thought How to use Sinar systems for recent digital generation.

However, I'm used sinar p2/CF-39MS back and I'm very satisfy this back image quality.

but even the Newest back like IQ2xx, credo, are uncomfortable than Sony a7/r systems fast live view and photographer friendly interface, etc…

so I designing it.

Not complete yet.
Just concept.

please watch this, (youtube)
Sinar P2 / Sony a7r (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuRgJta4eys)
Title: Re: new concepts for sinar 4x5 / a7 (Sony a7 hide in Sinar systems)
Post by: Steve Hendrix on May 27, 2014, 10:21:37 am
Sony a7 hide in Sinar p2

Many studio photographers have sinar systems.
so I thought How to use Sinar systems for recent digital generation.

However, I'm used sinar p2/CF-39MS back and I'm very satisfy this back image quality.

but even the Newest back like IQ2xx, credo, are uncomfortable than Sony a7/r systems fast live view and photographer friendly interface, etc…

so I designing it.

Not complete yet.
Just concept.

please watch this, (youtube)
Sinar P2 / Sony a7r (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuRgJta4eys)


Very nice JK. Like the music!


Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Title: Re: new concepts for sinar 4x5 / a7 (Sony a7 hide in Sinar systems)
Post by: PdF on May 28, 2014, 03:49:47 am
Very nice system. I mounted a Nikon D800E rear of a P2 frame. At the rear of the front frame, a digital DB lens. Bellows Sinar P2-> Nikon (too expensive ...). But there remains an important problem: how to set the aperture? The Sinarcam 2 can not work without digital back. So, I got my antique DB mechanical shutter to place it in front of the frame. It works fine !

Dear Chiek, how do you adjust the aperture of Sinar DB lens ?

PdF
Title: Re: new concepts for sinar 4x5 / a7 (Sony a7 hide in Sinar systems)
Post by: chiek on May 28, 2014, 06:09:48 am
Very nice system. I mounted a Nikon D800E rear of a P2 frame. At the rear of the front frame, a digital DB lens. Bellows Sinar P2-> Nikon (too expensive ...). But there remains an important problem: how to set the aperture? The Sinarcam 2 can not work without digital back. So, I got my antique DB mechanical shutter to place it in front of the frame. It works fine !

Dear Chiek, how do you adjust the aperture of Sinar DB lens ?

PdF

I have Sinar DB(auto aperture) shutter, but I will modify my digital DB lenses to standard copal. not yet.
Title: Re: new concepts for sinar 4x5 / a7 (Sony a7 hide in Sinar systems)
Post by: Stefan.Steib on May 28, 2014, 10:41:04 am
Hi Chiek

I have gotten the Nex slider/adapter for the international Graflock yesterday. I had to go to the 5x7 Plaubel rear standard because the 4x5 was to narrow for
horizontal shifts, vertical shifts are then done by the camera shifts/movements.
Right now the adapter Nex/Graflock is still too high, but already there I can use a 60mm Rodenstock HR Digaron with a 40mm recessed lensboard.

Will post images soon.

This little Sony breathes new life into old dinosaurs....  ;D

Greetings from Germany
Stefan
Title: Re: new concepts for sinar 4x5 / a7 (Sony a7 hide in Sinar systems)
Post by: uaiomex on May 28, 2014, 11:09:52 pm
True. I just sent a HB CF150 for cla service. I just bought a Rhinocam for my A6000.
Sony is the best thing since the EOS creation.
Eduardo

Hi Chiek

I have gotten the Nex slider/adapter for the international Graflock yesterday. I had to go to the 5x7 Plaubel rear standard because the 4x5 was to narrow for
horizontal shifts, vertical shifts are then done by the camera shifts/movements.
Right now the adapter Nex/Graflock is still too high, but already there I can use a 60mm Rodenstock HR Digaron with a 40mm recessed lensboard.

Will post images soon.

This little Sony breathes new life into old dinosaurs....  ;D

Greetings from Germany
Stefan
Title: Re: new concepts for sinar 4x5 / a7 (Sony a7 hide in Sinar systems)
Post by: chiek on May 28, 2014, 11:20:10 pm

Sony is the best thing since the EOS creation.


I agree.
Full frame, Shortest flame back, Mirrorless, High Resolution camera even including shutter…
It's like a White large Paper for Creative painter.