Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: James R on May 26, 2014, 07:17:59 pm

Title: Not showing total images in main folders
Post by: James R on May 26, 2014, 07:17:59 pm
Structure:  Example: 2014>Morro Bay>20140514

Today, I combined some catalogs for efficiency.  In the past, I could see how many images were in each folder and subfolders, i.e. 2014 (1595), Morro Bay (393), 20140514 (192). The parent folder doesn't actually contain images, just subfolders.

After combining the catalogs, I no longer see total images as before.  Now, I only see totals for folders actually containing the images.  Why are the total files not showing for parent folders, such 2014? I would like to see image totals in parent folders, that include the total images contained in subfolders.

Hope I explained this in a way that it makes sense.  i do see total images under Catalog>All Photographs (25167) and Current Import> (7404).
Title: Re: Not showing total images in main folders
Post by: One Frame at a Time on May 26, 2014, 09:31:59 pm
Under the "Library" menu, make sure "show Photos in subfolders" is still checked
Title: Re: Not showing total images in main folders
Post by: James R on May 26, 2014, 10:36:25 pm
Under the "Library" menu, make sure "show Photos in subfolders" is still checked

That did it.  Thanks.