Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: stamper on May 24, 2014, 06:48:33 am

Title: Video editing PS CS6
Post by: stamper on May 24, 2014, 06:48:33 am
I import a video into PS CS6 and add a curves adjustment layer & a saturation adjustment layer and adjust both layers to "improve" the video. I then render the video for viewing on the internet. However when I view the video none of the adjustments are visible. I have tried converting the layers to smart objects and removing the clipping. In the render I have tried all frames >start frame>work areas. Do I have to merge the layers or flatten them or what else am I missing,,,,,,apart from a younger brain? :)
Title: Re: Video editing PS CS6
Post by: Craig Lamson on May 24, 2014, 10:10:47 am
One of many web videos that can help...

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/photoshop-cs6-featuretour/using-the-new-video-features-in-photoshop-cs6/
Title: Re: Video editing PS CS6
Post by: stamper on May 25, 2014, 06:35:56 am
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I don't see a solution to my problem.  :(
Title: Re: Video editing PS CS6
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on May 25, 2014, 07:54:56 am
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I don't see a solution to my problem.  :(

Hi,

When you apply your adjustment layer to a video fragment the layer becomes a clipping layer, it will only affect that video fragment. Otherwise, as Julieanne Kost says, a filter will only be applied to the first frame of the fragment, so you first need to convert it to a smart object, and filter that. Is that what you do?

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: Video editing PS CS6
Post by: Craig Lamson on May 25, 2014, 07:56:13 am
Why are you doing an Import?  Just Open the file, make the image layer a smart layer, them make your adjustment layers and finally apply any filters to the image layer.  Select render video from the Export menu item to output your adjusted video clip.     Works perfectly for me.

Title: Re: Video editing PS CS6
Post by: stamper on May 25, 2014, 08:01:59 am
Thanks for the feedback. I think I have "solved" the problem. I moved the head to the end of the clip before rendering the clip and it rendered fine. As Bart pointed out I converted it to a smart object so that could also have solved it? :)