Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: JB Rasor on May 22, 2014, 04:38:16 pm

Title: Matching Star Ratings between folders
Post by: JB Rasor on May 22, 2014, 04:38:16 pm
I used my GH4 for a shoot this past weekend. Since Lightroom is not able to read the raw files, I rendered Tiffs out using Silkypix. However, I've already star rated the folder of JPEG's.
So now I have two folders, one of JPEGS and one of TIFF files. They are the exact same images. 
Is there a way to synchronize, or match, the star ratings between the two folders? In other words, set the star ratings to the TIFF file, same as its JPEG counterpart.
Obviously I should have imported the TIFFs first but se la vie.
Thanks everyone!!

JB Rasor
Title: Re: Matching Star Ratings between folders
Post by: john beardsworth on May 22, 2014, 05:52:28 pm
Look up my Syncomatic (http://photographers-toolbox.com/products/jbeardsworth/syncomatic/) plugin - it's designed for this kind of job. It just needs the filenames to be the same or very similar.
Title: Re: Matching Star Ratings between folders
Post by: JB Rasor on May 22, 2014, 08:33:46 pm
Excellent! Thank you my friend!
Title: Re: Matching Star Ratings between folders
Post by: JB Rasor on May 23, 2014, 12:36:43 am
It worked like a charm! Thanks a lot John. Great plugin! Well worth the price of two or three coffees.

Best regards,
JB