Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: Robert Roaldi on May 22, 2014, 08:41:15 am
-
There are reports on the interweb about new firmware downloads for the Olympus Pen P5 and OM-D models, and there are even tests of the new releases. But the Olympus Canada site does not show any new downloads available for these models (although the Oly UK does). Am I missing something or is there usually a several day delay?
-
This is the update procedure for the Olympus cameras
http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/firm/e1/
-
I am having a problem trying to update firmware on my new EM-1 from version 1.1 to 1.4
I have Oly updater 1.03 installed, Win 7 64Pro OS
software sees the camera, but error code "cannot connect to server" 0x80041037
Oly support not much help, I've tried this with both windows firewall and Eset anti virus disabled, still no luck. Oly support suggest trying another computer.
Any suggestions from the mind share out there...
-
I am having a problem trying to update firmware on my new EM-1 from version 1.1 to 1.4
I have Oly updater 1.03 installed, Win 7 64Pro OS
software sees the camera, but error code "cannot connect to server" 0x80041037
Oly support not much help, I've tried this with both windows firewall and Eset anti virus disabled, still no luck. Oly support suggest trying another computer.
Any suggestions from the mind share out there...
Home network or business network? I assume this PC is connected to the web.
Depending on network setup, it is possible that certain ports are being blocked. I have that problem at work and cannot run FTP clients through our firewall.
-
Yes very much connected to web. Home office hard wired to router. Oly support suggested bypassing router but that does not appear possible. Should I try plugging into the WAN port rather than one of the LAN ports on the router as a way to bypass the router's firewall?
I'm going to wait a day or two in case their server is just overloaded with others updating...
Any suggestions are welcome
-
Probably server overload.
The wan port connects to the modem for cable or dsl to your isp. Plugging in the pc lan cable to there will not help.
Frank
-
New firmware is now available on Olympus Canada site for E-M10.
-
Firmware update successful. Used wife's laptop. Mine is connected through a docking station, that may have been the issue with the unable to connect to server or something else? Weird is all I can say.
-
were you using the docking station usb port ?
If so, try using the laptop usb port.
-
Nope
Was using the laptop port, no joy there. Laptop was on the dock.