Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: wmchauncey on May 21, 2014, 04:25:58 am

Title: Rotated images???
Post by: wmchauncey on May 21, 2014, 04:25:58 am
To date this has only happened once...1 CF card used on a shoot of 154 images recorded>standard import into LR5.
Now the rub...the first 17 images were imported rotated 90 degrees CCW with the remainder being normal. As said, this is a one time occurrence...What might have happened?
Title: Re: Rotated images???
Post by: dieter268 on May 21, 2014, 03:55:17 pm
Sounds very strange.
First I thought the sensor for the orientation might "hang" in some way, but then the Exif-data tag "Orientation" (I suppose that is what you mean with "Remainder" ) should be 90 or 270 degrees and not normal as you described.
If i understood you correctly the image data is vertical while the Exif data says it's horizontal.
I do not come to a logical explanation now...
Maybe you can post a small version (or a rigid crop if you don't wanna show the whole image) with all exif data to analyze ?

Dieter
Title: Re: Rotated images???
Post by: Glenn NK on May 21, 2014, 05:37:30 pm
Chauncey:

I answered on the other forum, is it possible that you changed the "auto-rotate" setting by accident on your camera?

Glenn
Title: Re: Rotated images???
Post by: wmchauncey on May 21, 2014, 05:42:41 pm
This was a scenario that I was stacking images and using a remote shutter...camera wasn't touched except for focus and perspective changes.     ???