Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: fotagf8 on May 19, 2014, 06:26:42 pm

Title: Battery Chargers
Post by: fotagf8 on May 19, 2014, 06:26:42 pm
I want to purchase a two-battery charger for my Leaf Credo batteries.  Is there a difference between the Hahnel charger that Capture Integration sells for $129.95, or the Mamiya Credo  Charger $170 and the Mamiya Credo Charger with power supply($220) that BHPhoto sells, also made by Hahnel?  There is some suggestion that the Mamiya chargers are quick chargers.

Thanks
Title: Re: Battery Chargers
Post by: Steve Hendrix on May 20, 2014, 03:24:20 pm
I want to purchase a two-battery charger for my Leaf Credo batteries.  Is there a difference between the Hahnel charger that Capture Integration sells for $129.95, or the Mamiya Credo  Charger $170 and the Mamiya Credo Charger with power supply($220) that BHPhoto sells, also made by Hahnel?  There is some suggestion that the Mamiya chargers are quick chargers.

Thanks

They are all the same charger. Our $129 version includes 4 Charging Plates:

*T5b - Phase One/Leaf Credo batteries
*T9 - Leaf/Cano Batteries
*T4 - Alpa FPS batteries
*T3 - We're not sure about this one...

We do not include international adapters for the power supply.



Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Title: Re: Battery Chargers
Post by: Neil Folberg on May 25, 2014, 03:26:20 pm
Hello,

I purchased this dual battery charger for Leaf batteries for $29.95 each and it works just fine, was delivered quickly at no additional charge and is much more compact than the Hahnel chargers not to mention less expensive. I ended up buying a couple more.

Battery Dual Charger for Leaf Aptus 17 22 65 75 54S 65S 75S Digital Camera Back
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Dual-Charger-for-Leaf-Aptus-17-22-65-75-54S-65S-75S-Digital-Camera-Back-/261097769631

Neil
Title: Re: Battery Chargers
Post by: Steve Hendrix on May 25, 2014, 06:32:31 pm
Hello,

I purchased this dual battery charger for Leaf batteries for $29.95 each and it works just fine, was delivered quickly at no additional charge and is much more compact than the Hahnel chargers not to mention less expensive. I ended up buying a couple more.

Battery Dual Charger for Leaf Aptus 17 22 65 75 54S 65S 75S Digital Camera Back
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Dual-Charger-for-Leaf-Aptus-17-22-65-75-54S-65S-75S-Digital-Camera-Back-/261097769631

Neil


I've tried some of these out myself as well. What I do like - if this is one that offers it - is the outlet plug is embedded, rather than the 12v power supply that must plug in. The port that these plug into on the Hahnel chargers - and likely others as well - is the most common weak point, so some care needs to be taken. I don't know if they match the charging speed, and obviously they don't read out the charge status, which is a benefit of the Hahnels.


Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Title: Re: Battery Chargers
Post by: Neil Folberg on May 25, 2014, 07:05:43 pm
Hi Steve,
This one requires no extra 12v converter which is why it is so compact and light. It shows a charging light and indicates when it is full. I haven't compared charge time but it doesn't seem excessive. They sell batteries too but I'm more cautious about what I hook up to my rather expensive back. The name of the company in China is "Luck-to-you" which does not inspire confidence. It's just a very reasonable price. I didn't take my original Leaf-Hahnel chargers with me on a recent trip because they were so bulky  - I took these instead.
Neil